Monday, November 28, 2011

Listomania: Halloween Costumes

Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I am a serious list maker myself, but hadn't thought of working that into my blog here. Think I'll try the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing. Why not?

I too love Halloween--it's probably my second favourite holiday, next to Christmas & only because it's generally shorter. If we had a holiday where we dressed in costumes, ate tons of homemade goodies, drank eggnog & gave a few presents, I think that would be perfect! 

Halloween seems as good a place as any to start the lists off so, I've wracked my brains trying to remember each & every Halloween costume I've worn over the years. Often I've worn one to work, then a different one to a party & possibly a third to perform in, so that complicates my list. As a stilt performer, I wear costumes all the time, so there are a lot of pictures of me in various guises at other times of the year too. As for Halloween, I can't remember every single year, but I've done my best. Without further ado, here it is:





Raggedy Ann (complete with crepe paper wig made my mom)

Raggedy Andy (my little sis used my Ann costume)

Mouse (Originally for a figure skating performance, I think I wore it for 
Halloween too.)

Cookie Monster (plastic suit & mask, bought at Kmart)

Sylvester the Cat (Kmart again)

A witch (made myself a beaked nose out of tin foil)

A magician

Dracula

A ghost lady (made a ragged gown out of an old sheet) 

Frankenstein's Monster 

Funky witch (pink chuck taylors & pink sequin-trimmed t-shirt dress with a tulle skirt)

Scarecrow (I made the hat in sewing class, first time I used a serger. Still have it, too)

Winter (I made a gown, slip & veil/cloak for this, trimmed with iridescent sequins & hand-cut paper snowflakes. Wish I had a picture of it)

Vampire, complete with custom fitted fangs

Vampire, again

Viking/valkyrie or something

Skull Wraith (on stilts for The Parade of Lost Souls in 2003)

Another witch

Skull Wraith (on stilts at my Halloween gig)



A viking again

Skull Wraith (on stilts at my Halloween gig)

Bird thing (Not really sure what I was going for here)

Creepy doll

Non-scary witch (didn't want to freak out Sprout for his first Halloween)

Zombie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! (I've had to enable comment moderation on older posts to thwart spammers, so your post may not appear right away.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...