Monday, March 19, 2012

List #17: Subjects I've studied in post-secondary


Photo of SFU's AQ from Flickr, courtesy of Gordeau.
I've spent near half my adult life taking part-time or full-time courses at various post-secondary institutions. I went to Emily Carr for two years, way back in the dawn of time when it was still a college. (since then it's changed to an Institute & now a University) Then I went to Capilano another two years, while it was also still a college. Following that I transferred to Simon Fraser University, graduating in 2001. I went back in 2010 & am currently taking a few courses. So I've studied a lot of different things.

Here's my list, in no particular order:



  1. Fine arts, including: painting, drawing, colour theory, printmaking, creative process
  2. Industrial design, including: design theory, history, applied physics, basic drafting, graphic design
  3. Art & design history
  4. Literature in both English & French
  5. English & French linguistics (phonology, phonetics, syntax, neurolinguistics, first & second language acquisition)
  6. French language (grammar, vocab, pronunciation, all the fun stuff)
  7. Anthropology
  8. Philosophy
  9. Women's Studies
  10. Meteorology
  11. Psychology
  12. ESL teaching
  13. Creative writing
  14. German language (this was a continuing ed course at SFU, not for credit like all the rest)


- - - - - - - -
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! (I've had to enable comment moderation on older posts to thwart spammers, so your post may not appear right away.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...