Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 365 of daily posting

It's been a year now since I started blogging daily. A 'blogiversary' of sorts, I suppose. I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping at it. The pace of daily production has been good for me, I think. I'd like to believe it's helped me hone my writing skills, but at the very least it's helped me get more organized. Becoming more serious about writing has also turned up other opportunities.

During this year of daily blogging I've continued writing articles as the Eastside Contributor for Vancouver Mom & taken on a regular freelance writing gig for Hawksworth Communications, creating press releases & website copy like chef bios, as well as crafting & editing content for the Osoyoos Celebrates site. I've started looking for more writing & social media work as well, so if you hear of anything, let me know!

The past year has seen a few other blogging-related accomplishments as well, like placing in the Top 30 Bloggers with the Vancouver Mom contest last spring & more recently squeezing into the Top 25 Canadian Moms on the Circle of Moms contest. The recognition was lovely, but getting to know a group of other bloggers has been the best part of all this. Many of us have kept in touch on Facebook in a sort of idea-sharing support group for mom bloggers.

Speaking of getting to know other bloggers, I've 'met' a lot of them since stumbling on the Listicles weekly linkup, run by Stasha, aka NorthwestMommy. The weekly routine of a list on Mondays (well, Sunday nights, really) & the challenge of writing according to someone else's topic has been great.I love reading other people's take on the topic & discovering how alike we all are in many ways.

It's been an incredible year & I hope the next one is just as good. I plan to keep up the daily content here on The Sprog. Hope to 'see' you around here over the next year too!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your one year blogaversary. I just reached the same milestone last week and I think, it' pretty great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is impressive. I get exhausted after 30 days of straight blogging and give myself a break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (I've had to enable comment moderation on older posts to thwart spammers, so your post may not appear right away.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...